I’ve been wanting to write my bucket list for some time. That carte blanche story about the Australian girl with the very awe-inspiring bucket list sort of reminded me and while hers will totally outshine mine (as I’m really not into starting an orphanage or bonding with an old person over a coffee), it did make me think that unless you write this stuff down, you’ll probably never do it.
I have a few places on my bucket list, but ticking off the top one shouldn’t mean the rest should fall away.
Last year when I visited Machu Picchu it was like a life long (well 10 year) dream come true. It was every bit as incredible as I imagined. Seeing the Rio Carnival parade was also something I always just dreamt of and did not expect for it to become a reality.
I’m planning the rest of the year, and when it comes to making some important choices (like whether to go to Thailand or Australia this December) I decided to write my list of wishes down. Its mostly about travelling (no prizes for guessing that), but also some food, exercise and.. a car thing or two.
Turns out neither Australia or Thailand (which I’ve already spent about 3 months in) feature. I think this is a growing list. One that will always be updated as I find out about new places and have new desires to achieve, see, conquer, experience.
- Learn to surf in a warm ocean destination
- Dive the Blue Hole
- Visit the Norwegian Fjords
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- Hail a yellow cab in NYC
- Go for a run (a run-walk) in central park
- Helicopter flip over the Grand Canyon
- Party like a rockstar in Las Vegas
- Self-Drive holiday in Kruger Park
- Do a handstand
- Do an unassisted pull-up
- Run a half marathon
- Eat at the Test Kitchen
- Lunch at La Colombe
- Drive a Porsche (preferably to Franschhoek for the day)
- Steal a BMW and drive straight through the glass of the showroom. Just kidding. Sorta.
- Choose, negotiate and buy my own car
- Visit the Taj Mahal
- Watch a ballet at the Royal Opera House in London
- See the Northern Lights
- Visit a tea plantation
- Do a coffee-tasting
- Sleep under the stars (sometimes known as camping)
- Go to Glastonbury festival
- Go to Afrikaburn
- Holiday in Bora Bora
- Spend a week in the Maldives
- Arrive at an airport and spontaneously get on the first flight that I can